Cabral Concept Podcast - Activity for finding your passion in life
Updated: Jul 12, 2020
The Cabral Concept
Episode 1,214 (June 3, 2019):
5 Steps to Finding Your True Passion in Life (MM)
The following are my notes while listening to this podcast and going through the activity laid out within it. It definitely reaffirmed things for me. So give it a go!
What am I most interested in? Write 20-30 ideas.
1. Running (trail running, adventures, coaching/sharing information/talking about running) 2. Outdoors (Hiking, mult-day adventures, family camping) 3. Cars (builds, engine work, troubleshooting, speed, latest) 4. Database queries 5. Planes 6. Music (Playing guitar) 7. Art (Drawing) 8. Plant based/vegan lifestyle 9. Historical items (Pawn Stars) 10. Environmentalism
Now take the 20-30 -> Cut the list down to 10 -> Then cut and/or merge (as there could be similar ones) it down to 5:
1. Running (trail running, adventures, coaching/sharing information/talking about running) & Outdoors (Hiking, mult-day adventures, family camping) 2. Music (Playing guitar) & Art (Drawing) 3. Plant based/vegan lifestyle 4. Troubleshooting/helping others - Technical: Database queries, computers, etc. - Cars: builds, engine work, troubleshooting, speed, latest 5. Environmentalism
6. Planes 7. Historical items (Pawn Stars)
Next question: Which of the 5 will I be interested in 20 years from now, and could still be doing 20 years from now?
1. Running and outdoors 2. Plant based/vegan lifestyle 3. Music 4. Troubleshooting/helping others 5. Environmentalism
Do either of these (typically the list is down to 2-3 at this point, but any of my top 5 for me) serve others, and is it something that the world needs right now?
1. Running and outdoors 2. Plant based/vegan lifestyle 3. Troubleshooting/helping others 4. Environmentalism
There were a number of steps and questions at the end. The following are the two that stuck with me:
- How would this passion serve others and light a fire within you?
- How to now begin?
A final note that stuck with me as well:
Getting a certification is great and sometimes necessary, but need to at least pay it forward. It being the information you learn(ed) through your own studies in order for others to be aware and learn from it as well.
Happy Running! ✌🏻😊